1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Gmail on G1 saying "No Connection"

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by regnatarajan, Dec 7, 2008.

1. regnatarajan

regnatarajan New Member

Dec 7, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I brilliantly dropped my Blackberry on the concrete floor of the parking garage where I work, so I got myself a new T-Mobile G1. I've fought the basic fight so far, unlocked it, gotten it to work with my provider, and can now happily make calls and surf the net just fine.

The problem I have is with the GMail application. I can't get off the ground because as soon as it loads, it says "No Connection". Google Maps works fine and can connect. I can browse all over the net. My contacts from Gmail are all there. Just the Gmail application doesn't work.

Any ideas (other than use Gmail in a browser)?

2. regnatarajan

regnatarajan New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Fixed. Seems when I switched SIM cards, it didn't save my account password. The Notifications icon showed me the problem and let me fix it by just re-entering the password. Very poor wording for the error in Gmail, though.

3. Sponsored Advertisement