1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Godaddy webmail not pulling on my Eris

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dwp1975, Apr 21, 2010.

1. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Out of the blue my Eris stopped getting emails from my personal email account hosted by Godaddy, I deleted and set up the accounts several times and it works momentarily then stops again. Only thing that has changed is I work in a building that gets poor reception, other than that everything else is the same. Please help. If I can't get my email to pull I am probably going to get rid of the device despite liking the OS.

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    could this be something on GoDaddys end? Have you tried taking the phone outside (smoke break :dft012:wink)and seeing if it will work there?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Yup, it doesn't pull when at home either.

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    give me a few and Ill see what I can find.

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    is the error you are getting an Unable to Conect to server? If so, see if these setting work:
    SMTP Server: smtpout.secureserver.net
    Security type: none
    port: 25
    Require sign in is checked
    Username
    password

7. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    I'm not even going to go into the list of problems I've had with godaddy webmail. They're great for domains, but horrible hosting. Check out this link though, looks helpful -- http://help.godaddy.com/article/4906

8. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Nah, I don't even get any errors. It simply just never pulls emails. I wiped my device back to factory and set the account back up, let's hope it works. I am going to send a test email from my iPhone which has 6 godaddy accounts, and pulls them all fine without a problem. I even set up the account that didn't work on the Eris on the iPhone and it worked fine there so I don't see it as a GoDaddy issue. Let me see how the test email goes. :)

Also, I set my accounts using SSL, so I use port 995 incoming and 465 outgoing.

9. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    The iPhone does a really good job of setting things like that up smoothly, that's why I have one :)

10. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Thanks, I actually already have that link bookmarked. I even included it in my initial support email to GoDaddy so that they DON'T send me there and can do further troubleshooting off the bat. In the end they say they found now error on their end (I assume they have a android device they tested it on, but I doubt that lol), they closed the ticket under the guise that it's a Android problem and they don't support 3rd party configuration issues.

11. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    That it does, I am really really trying to give Android a chance though. But it is letting me down as a developer and a user.

12. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    The fact that it's all open source did it for me, from a developer standpoint. I carry the iPhone and a Droid (soon an Incredible) Honestly the Eris isn't the greatest Android device either. It's hardware is inferior to the Droid by a long shot.

13. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    yeah, the Eris is sorta crappy. But it was cheap and I detest the Droid (not a fan of sliders). I will definately pick up a Nexus One once it hit's verizon shelves. But, Android has a loooooooooong way to go before it becomes number one again on my list of platforms to develop on. Currently it's 3rd behind the iPhone OS and Palm's webOS. I can't take the fragmentation of OSes and devices. Get it togther Google! I'd even pay an additional $74 to my developers fee to get a Apple-esque SDK. The cheap $25 fee you currently pay to be a Android developer is nice but Apple and Palm charge $99 and their SDK's are less painful to develop on then Android's.

14. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    My email stopped working again, my time with the Eris may end here. I have to have my email.

15. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008