1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Bye!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Bizzare, May 10, 2010.

1. Bizzare

Bizzare New Member

May 3, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I want to thank everyone once again who helped me. Unfortunately I am saying good bye to the HERO I will try again with the Android platform once the HTC EVO is released I have tried working with the HERO and I must add I am looking forward to going back to my Palm Pre, I have a couple of ups and downs with the Hero the texting on it is 2 slow it lags a lot while I text, the apps on the hero are not that grate I would of stuck around with it but it had no grate Baseball apps the only good one was the At Bat app but it is no different than the MLB Premium for the Pre and on the pre it gives u an option to pay monthly rather than the Hole 14.99. There is an app that I am dieing to go back to and that is the Sporting News Baseball I noticed the HERO did not have it, on the Pre it links your favorite team to your schedule and reminds you when the game is about to start which is a huge plus for me. I did like however the fact that on your contacts for the Hero it links to the Facebook of your contacts as well as the Pictures they have set to the profile and how you are able to link photos to your facebook and label them with a header before they post and that is what pre lags of. Also i have to say the Pre is a lot more responsive when it comes to the touch screen and the multitask is something I also miss. So I leave you guys with this, Android is an amazing platform and I am looking forward to the HTC EVO (which I will get upon release I will pre order or wait in line early in the morning even the night before if I have to) but I have to say with a faster processor the android platform will beat any phone out there and I am sure I am not the only one to have hopes that the EVO will do just that, but right now the HERO is not a HERO at all it did not sweep me off my feet, I felt like it wants to do much more than the processor can handle which is why I think it lags a lot. So I say good bye, For now, I will return with the EVO and thanks again.

2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

We'll see you back next month for the EVO. In the meantime, don't forget to check us out at Everything Pre.

#2 chris, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Android :) I hope you enjoy your stay

5. darktowerjunkie1

darktowerjunkie1 New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    I, too, have switched from my Hero back to my Pre ... I sure do miss my Hero, but I can't make a call without accidentally hanging up on someone or accidentally launching an app ... why does the screen not black out when you hold the phone to your face, is there a setting i'm missing or is it just that bad?

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    My Droid (original) does black out, but I still have had the accidental hang up problems...

7. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
    Don't feel bad about moving away from the Hero to the EVO. I've gone from the Eris to the Incredible, and can't believe the difference as night and day. Hope to see you around soon!