1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Goodbye Q9C, Hello Hero

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by glorify, Nov 26, 2009.

1. glorify

glorify Guest

Sponsored Ad

First, I'd like to thank the powers that be here for keeping their site ever evolving, across all platforms. Being a VB website owner myself, I can appreciate the time it takes to keep things looking as good as you all do here. I came here for my Q, and now I will be here for my Hero (arriving shortly).

I have a couple questions before my Hero arrives and would like to pick the brain of the community.

1) What are your must have apps?
    2) What is the latest firmware version, where can I check on the phone, and where to upgrade?
    3) If you are a former Q owner, how does this satisfy you in comparison?
    4) If you opened a new Hero box, what would you do first?

Thanx in advance.

g

PS - When are you upgrading the forums to vb 4.0?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    welcome to EA!!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Just wanted to say, I had a Q9h, and this phone blows it away as far as I'm concerned. I didn't get the Hero though, I have the Motorola Droid.

Must have apps? That's a tough one. THere are so many good apps in the app store that it's hard to pick just one, nice thing is you can give many of them a try and see which ones work for you. I do have to recommend dxTop as a home replacement though, I really like that one (panda is a close second for me, and might give aHome a try once they say it's ready for the Droid). Also, I like using Touchdown for my exchange email since I can do a sig and also move mail between folders with that app.

5. berger1980

berger1980 New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    I am also switching to the Hero, since they're having the tremendous sale. BUT, before I order this week, how easy is it for internet sharing? My Q9c works great with pdanet, but I have to make sure I can connect my windows box at home, or it's a no-go on this. I'm sure I can figure everything else out.

And I agree with the OP, I have been here over a year, and you guys have upgraded so much, and everything looks awesome. IMHO, you are the best handset forum to date!

6. berger1980

berger1980 New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Got mine ordered!!!

7. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    PdaNet has an app for android. If you email them they will send you a link for a $5.00 discount. There is also a free version but does not support FTP or https.

8. berger1980

berger1980 New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    OMG! I don't know if I like this or not!!! I can't navigate to it on my pc to bring over my apps, I can't get it to connect to my work network to sync my contacts! This isn't good.

Ok, it's better, but still can't get my Exchange email to work.