1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Calendars question

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by eatSleepLaxSoccer3, Dec 20, 2009.

1. eatSleepLaxSoccer3

eatSleepLaxSoccer3 New Member

Jun 21, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Hi every1
    just got my Droid for Christmas and I love it so far
    I'm coming from the original Q (a long needed phone change), loved everythingQ so the forum change was obvious
    two apps i'm missing on the droid though is slingplayer mobile and world mate live, they'll be missed but hopefully they're not too far from being made

my question is with google calendars sync.
    when i log on to google's calendar through the web, it shows all my calendars: my personal calendar, US holidays, + other calendars I've added such as sports schedules
    when I set it up to sync on my droid, only my personal calendar and US holidays show up, and when I go to "add calendars" no more show up
    I would understand if only my personal calendar was showing up, but i don't see why the US holidays calendar works but not other calendars I've added are available. (note: when I sync'd on the q via exchange, only my personal calendar showed up, which was even more frustrating)

2. eatSleepLaxSoccer3

Jun 21, 2007
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Facebook calendar, how do you add it?

NM, I did some searching and found it.

Interesting to note though, I found a contact birthdays option in google calendar and its not a URL based calendar and it shows on the droid, so that seems to conflict with the andridcentral info.

5. eatSleepLaxSoccer3

Jun 21, 2007
    Yeah the fb cal was new to me today too.
    Maybe its a legal issue and google was only able to get permission to add them to full browsers and not mobile devices...like hulu blocking skyfire