1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Play Store ain't pre installed

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Shanti, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Shanti

Shanti New Member

Oct 8, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Hi.
    My tablet doesn't come with a pre installed Google Play Store and it's an Akai Tablet. I tried downloading so many .apk file that I found online for Google Play Store. But each time I tried to install it, it crashes soon after launching. I am so helpless. Could you please advice what to do ?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    You may not be able to load Google Play onto your tablet. Take a look at this article. It advises you may have to actually root the device and even then it may not be possible.

Let us know what you do....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Can you access the play store from the Web? You can log into your Google account and download from there...

https://play.google.com/store?hl=en

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#3 sherri, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  5. akiko.mino

akiko.mino New Member

May 23, 2014
    I wouldn't recommend rooting your phone. There are some pretty good apps that can no longer be installed on your phone once it is rooted. Downloading from the Web would be the best choice. Or just bring it to the store haha - the lazy way.

6. macaronie

macaronie New Member

May 29, 2014
    I kinda wanna know the end of this story, so how did everything turn out Shanti? How did you fix the whole thing?

(Side note: does this member ever come back to this forum??)

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    One post only. This one. October 2013...

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Has not visited eA since the day of that original post.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Didn't I say that? ;-)

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I read yours as the only post made was that one. I was clarifying the OP has not visited since that date either....

:D

11. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Got it!

12. macaronie

macaronie New Member

May 29, 2014
    Interesting.... someone registered on our forum just to ask that question and never bothered to get the answer... but is it true like what akiko.mino said that it's not recommendable to root ur phone? mine got rooted already.

13. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Rooting is not recommended for everyone. If you enjoy tinkering and understand the concept as well as all the instructions then have at it. It is a way to clean out all the crap added by phone providers and there are some apps that people may want, but the app requires a rooted phone.

If trying it because someone told you it was cool to do, but you are happy with your phone it would not be a wise thing to try.

Really depends on the user as well as what they want rooting to do for them. It certainly can be helpful, but there is a danger as well. Mess it up and you might make a paperweight out of your expensive smartphone.....

14. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Find it on some other source and then place it on your device, it may be available online.