1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Slashes Price of Nexus 4

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Aug 27, 2013.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

Google dropped the price of the Nexus 4 by $100. You can grab the Nexus 4 8GB for $199. That's pretty insane price for a quality, pure Android unlocked device.

That being said, I was planning on selling mine to upgrade to an HTC One or S4. That's me though, I'm never happy.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I am hoping this is the prelude to the next Nexus device!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Seems early for that. Now that Google owns Motorola, would a Nexus 5 cast a shadow over that product launch? I don't get the drop. It's not as if they need more people using Android and are they really that backlogged with inventory?

I haven't looked today, but I'd be shocked if they weren't sold out today. It's stupid cheap for a very good phone. I've loved mine, although it's on eBay now. SGS4GE, here I come, well maybe.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It does seem a bit early, however, I thought there was a new Nexus partner announced (I can't remember who) but do you think that they would leave the Moto X as the flagship/Nexus device for a year? I hope not, especially with the $500+ off retail price. I am due for an upgrade, however I will be buying at full retail price (so I don't lose my unlimited Verizon data), and would be torn between a Moto X and whatever the next Nexus is, assuming it would be on Verizon.....

I think it would be wise to release a new Nexus phone, while Google does own Motorola, they don't 'control' (or at least thats what they tell you) them so they could technically get away with it.

But hey, what do I know. I just like new things, BRING ME MOAR NEW THINGS!!11
    :)

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    The timing of this is a bit odd. It wouldn't have anything to do with the new iPhone product announcement expected September 10, would it?

7. Chancellor

Chancellor New Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I bit the bullet and bought, at the very least it's a good backup phone.

GS4/iPhone5

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    How does a Nexus 4 relate to a Galaxy Nexus? I'm way behind in understanding the marketing progression.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Its just the next version after the Galaxy Nexus.

2009 - Nexus One
    2010 - Nexus S
    2011 - Galaxy Nexus
    2012 - Nexus 4
    <insert new name here for next one>

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks Scott. Too much going on recently to follow much.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Understandable!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android

12. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Wonder to what extent is the price available internationally. Could be a means to taking the wind out from under the 5C.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

13. Malia98653

Malia98653 New Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Thanks for sharing.