1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Google updates for the Nexus One

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ecaggiani, May 6, 2010.

1. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

May 6, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I currently have a Sprint Hero and I've been waiting forever for 2.1. How many updates has the Nexus One had already, and how often do they come out? Considering switching to the Nexus so that I always have the latest from Google. You guys think it's worth it? I like HTC Sense, but not sure it's worth all this waiting to get caught up.

And also, with Froyo on the horizon, I would assume the Nexus would get that first. Thoughts?

2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    The Nexus One rocks. I've never used the Sense UI, but I think it's something I would get tired of... I haven't rooted my Nexus One yet, but I remember seeing the HTC Desire UI was floating around in a ROM.

You are 100% correct -- the Nexus One will be the first to get updates, since it's:
    a. A Google phone
    b. They don't need carrier approval to push out updates

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

May 6, 2010
    Very tempting. A buddy of mine has a Nexus so maybe I'll play around with his a bit to see what I think about stock Android. The Hero was my first Android phone so Sense is all I know.

Now if the Nexus comes to Sprint, all the better. I don't want to switch carriers since Sprint is pretty cheap and has great coverage where I am. I'm tempted by the Evo as well but I worry about how big it will be.

Thanks!

5. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    The Nexus One is coming to Sprint -- if I recall correctly. I think Sprint is pretty focused on getting the HTC EVO 4G out the door.

I agree with you, the size of the HTC EVO 4G is a concern. I've played with the HTC HD2, which is probably similar in size. It's a big honkin' slab of technology. It did feel thin though, just wide.

6. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

May 6, 2010
    I played with a Droid Incredible and it is very thin compared to my Hero. I would accept a bigger screen if the thickness of the phone is kept at a minimum, but at 4.3" I'm concerned that it's just a bit TOO big all around. We'll have to see when it comes out. The Nexus definitely feels like almost a perfect size.