1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Voice Invites

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Milk With Pulp, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Milk With Pulp

Milk With Pulp New Member

Dec 20, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I am interested in who uses google voice, your opinion on it and if you do have an invite I would be intrested, I did apply with both emails to try and get in. I have read mixed reviews on who likes and dislikes it, for now I will use youmail until I get google voice, the only thing I can offer is an invite to What.CD...

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i use google voice, i enjoy it...although the transcription service needs some help

i think it will only get better

sadly i gave out my 3 invites last week, if i get more ill post

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Milk With Pulp

Dec 20, 2009
    That is where I heard the dislikes were, It seems it would be nice, the verizon voicemail just seems blah.. So far coming from ATT the service is perfectly fine as well.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i came from a service called youmail
    there transcriptions sucked at first, but got WAY better then they started charging and thats where i left

google voice just implemented a 'send your message to google' option, so if your transcript sucks you can send it to them and this gives them a better chance in understanding and fixing the issues

youmail had the samething sorta, but you had to repair the transcription which helped there service

with as big as google is i think it will get much better

6. Milk With Pulp

Dec 20, 2009
    I am using You Mail currently, I see the lite and full version, free etc.. and I see they have adds now and etc in the free one to turn people to the full version. It work's, it's nice to look at, I hate listening to voicemails, one thing visual voicemail on the iphone was such a great tool, just click and listen and skip as you please haha o.O voicemails ahhh...:dft003:cool

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    haha yea
    youmail was great while then entire transcription service was in beta then after they charged i just used it for an email in box

8. Milk With Pulp

Dec 20, 2009
    hahah exactly, hoping to see google voice break ground with great features.

If anyone has an invite, I don't have much to offer haha, I am still looking for apps worth while, we have terrible facebook and myspace apps and no social communication apps like twinkle from myspace, which wasn't great but was decent.

9. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    What's your email? I have a couple left, I will shoot you over one.

10. Lycurgus

Lycurgus New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    May I perhaps get an invite to the cool program? I noticed that visual vm program, but it costs money. :(

11. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    Hey Milk, your invite has been sent. Let me know what you think. There is a learning curve with gv, but once you get the hang of and all it will do, you will love it.

12. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    I've got two left. Next two that post in this thread with an email addy get em.

DO NOT PM ME, I don't need 50 thousand PMs so don't do it, you wont get a response.

13. Lycurgus

Lycurgus New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Here is my email if that was what you were asking. Thanks for the invite. :) I have some google wave invites if anyone is interested...

14. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Sent. I also gave you my email addy for a GW invite. Thanks.

15. Lycurgus

Lycurgus New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    thanks for the invite, man I really like this program! very slick, lots of fun setting up different voice messages for everyone. :) Ya Google wave is an interesting program, am am curious to see how it progresses.

16. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    Lycurgus, can you shoot me over a google wave invite if it's not too much trouble? amorris1973@gmail.com

thanks buddy,
    Alan

17. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    if he doesnt get back to youlet me know i got a ton of them

18. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    if you don't mind I would appreciate it

19. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    ok sent...enjoy

20. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    Very much appreciated, all though I don't understand a damn thing about it...haha

21. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007