1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Gphones meant to turn tables on iPhone?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jigyasa, Sep 21, 2008.

1. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Do you think Google phones are meant just to turn tables around on Apple's iPhone or is it just Google's "money per click" increase policy on an all time high?
    I think it is the latter :)

2. tomandrew

tomandrew New Member

Sep 21, 2008
    I think Google can get on top of Apple by what it offers in the phone, such as their idea of searching the web and being able to phone up a retailer from the search.

However, Apple wins design wise any day.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008

dont underestimate google like that they have insane skills

5. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    Apple has a little edge over Google today in one direction. It develops the mobile device for it OWN mobile platform. There lies a catch. Google is not much into device development. Hence the "not so great design".

6. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    google is more into expanding and the more technological side of phones unlike outer designs

7. imported_jamesb

imported_jamesb New Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I believe that Google has seen with Apple how profitable the phone industry can be which is why they released their G1 phone. I don't think however that they will be able to match the sales figures of the Iphone anytime soon.