1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

GPS and Wi Fi

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by boog55, Dec 16, 2010.

1. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Should you keep GPS on or when do you need to turn it on- does it drain the battery?

Also, when would you ever use WIFI if you have 3G? confused.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I only use GPS when I need it, no real need to keep it on all the time.

WiFi is faster than 3G depending on your 3G location and signal strength.
    I use WiFi exclusively at home, not because I have a bad signal, but because I would probably average 10gb a month on 3G. Streaming, surfing, etc. and Verizon wouldnt like that. :p

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    thanks so should i keep wifi on all the time? drain battery?
    if i dump apps that i don't need is it easy to get them back if i want to use them again?

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I only keep it on when I need it, it wont just connect to any WiFi network. You have to tell it to, but it will connect to saved networks. So it will always look for a network even if there isnt one around.

Just download them from the market again if you delete them.

6. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    okay last question for the day- pandora listening at gym and i am assuming volume was as loud as it could go- is there a way to control it better?

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    What do you mean control it better?
    Control what? The sound?

8. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    meaning to increase the volume
    how about i have been working with my email and it will set up but no emails get sent. i heard that maybe it is a compatibility issue- we run off microsoft exchange 2003 is that compatible with my 2.1 android system?

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    My Incredible gets pretty loud in my headset, I dont know which device you have, but there is an up and down button on the side of the phone to change the volume. Also there might be an in app volume control, again not sure what app you use.

No I dont believe that there is a conflict with 2.1 and Exchange 2003. Verify you have the right permissions from your IT people.

10. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Theres a program called DSP manager that allows you to change how loud/soft your headphone volume is

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I thought that was just an equalizer?

12. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007
    I keep mobile network off when I am at work or home. Battery life is significantly improved because its not constantly hunting for a signal. I am in the sticks & there is no 4G near here :( .

~Softspirits~ Sent from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android app