1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

GPS Locator

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ZRX1100, Nov 9, 2008.

1. ZRX1100

ZRX1100 New Member

Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Hi, I live in Los Angeles and when using Google Maps on my G1, if I go to 'my location' it always puts me about 2 blocks south of where I actually am??

Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way of calibrating the phones GPS?

Thanx.

2. macondo

macondo New Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Go to Setting>Security & location and enable both 'Use wireless networks' and 'Enable GPS satellites' setting. By default, only the first one is enabled which results with the approximate locating by WiFi triangulation.
    A word of advice. Do not leave the setting ON unless you need it, as battery wont last for long.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. ZRX1100

ZRX1100 New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I tried that and it still puts me about 1/2 mile from my true location:eek:

5. LitoCg2Rider

LitoCg2Rider New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    i tried it today and it work perfectly...i try it in satellite mode and traffice n street ..

6. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    I've also found some spotty performance with the GPS. Will try with Wireless Networks enabled (think I tried already, but what the heck).

-Chris