1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

GPS-server tracking

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Gerhard Morre, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Gerhard Morre

Gerhard Morre New Member

Aug 21, 2015

Sponsored Ad

Hello Guys,

i have plans to get software app for android for my needs for locating the vehicle and phones.

Searching for likely any advice/recommendation from others maybe using GPS-tracker services for tracking vehicles etc. or any other valuable information.

Thank you in advance,

Gerhard

2. Gerhard Morre

Gerhard Morre New Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Hail guys again,

after some little research found i can tell it is not so easy.
    Some of the programs charge you in addition for every option you are willing to include on your tracker,
    while other include lots of option for one time payment.

currently looking into:

GPS tracker WP
    and waze

any opinion/experience on that ones?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Exactly what are you looking to do with this app? You say you are looking into GPS Tracker WP....How close are you looking? That would be software for Windows Phone devices...

There are dozens of tracker apps in the Play Store for Android devices. Here is an article that may help you start.

Waze is a navigation app. Different uses aren't the two?

5. Gerhard Morre

Gerhard Morre New Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Thanks for reply,

as was mentioned before looking to track some of my vehicles and phones aswell in my family.

Any personal experience of yourself of any prons. and cons. of each of an app you are willing to recommend?

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I don't track others so I have no experience with that kind of app.

As far as navigation, I really only use navigation in a car. I am not big on using phones in cars as the screen is way too small. I do highly recommend Garmin devices. Here in the USA you can pick one up for $50 - $75 with built-in traffic that can redirect you when there are jams.ahead.

Can't suggest if that is available in your country.