1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

GS3 GPS problem - help!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by leeski, Oct 5, 2012.

1. leeski

leeski New Member

Oct 5, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Hi guys,

I've started having problems with the GPS on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (not rooted), as it thinks I'm in Houjie in China, but I'm actually in England. Does anyone know how to fix this? To clarify, this only happens when I'm at home - when I'm out and about it find the correct location.

Thanks, Leeski

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sounds like it possibly can't lock onto enough satellites where you are. Are you outdoors with a clear line of sight of the sky? Are you using an app like TeleNav or the native Navigation or Maps? Is GPS and Location turned on?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. leeski

leeski New Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Well, this is a recent problem (as of yesterday), and I've had this phone since the end of august, not had a problem until now, so I don't know why it would suddenly say I'm somewhere completely different.... I am using the native Google Maps app, GPS and location are on.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Suggestion is to remove the battery with the device on, count to 30 and replace the battery to see if that resets the device....

6. leeski

leeski New Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Nope, that hasn't done anything :( Any other suggestions anyone?

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Recent OS updates?

8. leeski

leeski New Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Not that I'm aware of, I checked Kies yesterday.

9. Erick Kincaid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2011
    Might the issue of signals you are getting via GPS ...