1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

GSM works but switching to WCDMA causes problems

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by monster007, Oct 23, 2013.

1. monster007

monster007 New Member

Oct 23, 2013

Sponsored Ad

My galaxy note 3 acts weird on the network mode 'gsm/wcdma(automode)'

It works perfectly when I select 'GSM only'. This means that I have the APNs right

But as soon as I select the automode so that I can use 3g, phone starts acting weird. For starters the internet does not work. I also lose my voice service. The bars show that I do have voice service, but on making any call the call doesn't go through, and on ending the call the call remains on the notification bar. But if I dont end the call, then it does eventually shut by itself (~15secs) and then the bars disappear and I lose service. At this point my phone has automatically gone into flight mode. On turning flight mode off... the cycle repeats (with some exceptions)

1.notification shows service coming back: 3G, full bars for voice service. (Sometimes 3g doesn't appear at all, and at this point internet does not work but I can make calls)

2.but internet does not work (but if I keep trying it might work for a few seconds. Noticed that because network mode is on auto. Notification bar shows switching to GSM, and then back to WDCMA. On repeating this the internet lasted longer ~a min or two)... and then doesn't start at all (basically its very random)

3.make a phone call and call doesn't got through, lose service and goes into flight mode

AP : N900XXUBMJI

CP: N900XXUBMI2

CSC: N900OJVBM15

KERNEL : 3.4.39-16624790 dpi@dell222#1

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Are you sure your phone is compatible with the available WCMDA bands?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. monster007

monster007 New Member

Oct 23, 2013
    i purchased the phone from my carrier service

so it should be compatible . .

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    You should contact your carrier to make sure your account is provisioned correctly. if 2G works and the problem is with 3G service they should be able go troubleshoot their phone and network. It is possible your SIM card needs an update. Was that new with the phone or was it from another device?