1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Gtalk notification?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by shaun0207, Aug 19, 2010.

1. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007

Sponsored Ad

how Gtalk doesnt have a notification count on it like messaging and email?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You dont get a little 'notification bubble' in the notification bar?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    yeah, but most times I dont notice it. I was wondering why it doesnt show on the Gtalk icon on my homescreen like messaging and email do?

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Not sure why it doesnt, I dont use it on the homescreen so I would never know either way, I just picked a different sound for it. What I WOULD like to have a counter is the Google Voice widget, for unread voicemails!

6. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007

I have a counter on on voicemail on the EVO

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Really!?
    Damn, I had to download a widget for the Gmail unread messages. Perhaps its a 2.2 thing?

8. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    No. I had that with 2.1 as well. What's funny is that Gtalk is a Google product. You figured it would have the notification.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You would think. But then again somehow you have that Google Voice notification and I dont.
    Wish there was a way to get it off of your phone on to mine :p

10. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    yeah, you think it would be easy.

11. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Anybody running plain jane stock android (non-htc device)? I wonder if the message counter is a HTC Sense UI thing and why Google's own products won't show a unread count? Just a thought since, may have to boot up my SDK's emulator and find out lol.