1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Had to exchange my Samsung Captivate today.

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ravman, Sep 19, 2010.

1. ravman

Bronze

Oct 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I had to take my Samsung Captivate back to the AT&T store for an exchange today :eek:( The device kept turning itself off for no apparent reason. I had it fully charged, re-seated the SIM, but it still kept turning itself off. The new device seems to be working okay right now. The guy at the AT&T store said he'd not seen this issue before, but a simple google, shows that this is quite a wide issue.

Anyone else had this issue?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    That sucks, atleast you were able to return and get a new one. I hope this one treats you better.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    The Q9c's used to reboot themselves randomly. The cure was some toilet paper under the battery cover. I bent the spring that held the battery.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

5. ravman

Bronze

Oct 23, 2008
    I found out what was causing the battery drain. There were services running in the background that were causing a sudden battery drainage. Upgrading to the new software and doing a reboot each day has helped a lot. Also need to keep an eye on what services are running, that don't need to be and are causing battery drain.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    A reboot every day?
    That seems excessive, who told you that?

7. ravman

Bronze

Oct 23, 2008
    I do the reboot myself, no one told me to do that. It was my idea, patent pending ;o)

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Hahaha, you really shouldnt have to reboot the phone, almost ever.
    I only reboot if I need to do a nandroid backup or add something via recovery.

9. Bill911

Bill911 New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    I know what you mean. I have the same problem with my Samsung Moment. But the worst problem I get is my battery getting way too hot.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Everything Android App