1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent messaging

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

How do i select it to be my default? When i get new message It's in two places.

Sent from my Desire HD using Everything Android App

2. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    I have got it! Go to people select a contact and hit "send sms" a pop up will appear the select Handcent to be default. Thanks.

Sent from my Desire HD using Everything Android App

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Make sure you also turn off "notifications" in the original messaging app, or you will get notified twice!

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

• Like Like x 1
  5. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I just downloaded Handsent messaging last night. I have been wondering the same thing.

Except, I am using the superior Motorola Droid. LOL!

6. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007
    What is handset and why would I want it?

~Softspirits~ Sent from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android app

7. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    Handcent (I spelled it right this time.) is one of the bubble messaging thingees. YOU may or may not want it. I know that Blackberry uses this by default, but I don't know who else does.

8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Handcent I'd an sms/mms replacement app for the phone. It is very customizable, and can use bubble like messages. It also allows quick replies from a pop-up. Have been using it for a while, but they recently took away features that were previously free. I am currently using Go SMS.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Handcent is great, many more options and much more customizable than the default message app. It does have the bubble messages in a thread, but you can change the look of it if you dont like the bubble feel.

10. MillenniAKA

MillenniAKA New Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Can you turn the HTC messaging off? I went to apps and did a FC but it's still running. @Sherri, thanks. I just got turned the notifications off.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    That app will always run, if you turn off the notifications you just wont see it pop up and Handcent will be in charge.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    I like Handcent well enough, but sometimes it takes too long to load. It's hard to justify a 20 second lag to read an SMS!