1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Hands On With G1 and First Impressions

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by johnnydangerously, Oct 13, 2008.

1. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I got a chance to spend a few minutes with the G1 phone today. Here are my first impressions:

• Phone is smaller than it appears in photos. It's not as big as let's say the Tilt. Feels good in your hand.
    • UI is very nice and reminiscent of iPhone
    • Android Market is working and seems to be just like App Store
    • Browsing large contact list is easy enough
    I wish I could provide more insight, but I literally spent no more than a few minutes with the phone. I just happened to find myself at a meeting where two people had the phone. It's my understanding that reviews will start coming out later this week.

2. Sav

Sav
    Bronze

Sep 28, 2008
    How did they get the phones?

I'm guessing they're one of those CNET people, etc, since you said "It's my understanding that reviews will start coming out later this week."

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    I had lunch with Palm the other day and there were a few guys who run mobile sites. Two of them were carrying the G1 and they offered it up. Spent a few minutes with it.

5. Sav

Sav
    Bronze

Sep 28, 2008
    Ahh okay. Got it.

That's pretty neat though. It looks pretty interesting so far from the emulator on the T-Mo site.