1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Hands on with the Galaxy S4 by yours truly! My thoughts..

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by AndroidN3rd, Apr 2, 2013.

1. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Greetings eA! :D

Yesterday I had the pleasure of using the upcoming Galaxy S4 for a couple hours, so here's my review! (The model I was using was the Exynos 5 Octa international version) As far as the actual enclosure of the phone goes, it's really spiffy. It's definitely plastic, but the polished aluminum around the bezel really gives the phone a higher, better quality feel. Weight wise it feels a bit lighter then the iPhone 5, which blows me away for the size increase.

The screen is by far the best I've seen on a smartphone! I did a side by side comparison to the Droid DNA, and the S4 definitely popped out at you with true vibrant colors.

The Camera was one of the most impressive features. (13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels) In my mind it's probably the only Android device that can compete with the iPhone for camera quality and autofocus software.

When it comes to speed and performance, I was absolutely stunned. I'm normally not a fan of Touchwiz, but with the Exynos 5 Octa and the lack of carrier bloatware I do have to say that I was impressed by the built in features Touchwiz has to offer.

Air gestures were surprisingly accurate, yet I still haven't been able to come up with many practical uses for that.

Smart stay, Smart pause and Smart scroll were fantastic features, but will take a lot of getting used to. I found it more irritating then anything else for the brief amount of time I used the phone.

Alright guys, I have to get back to work. :(
    Feel free to ask any questions you like! Pics below ---

-Andrew

S42.jpg
    Can't. Contain. Excitement.

S4.jpg
    Messing around with the Camera features.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Is it still the same user interface as the Samsung Galaxy s3?

I'm curious to see how long the battery lasts on stock versions.

Tesla Deathray

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    It's the same user interface as the S3, but it's a lot more refined and clean cut.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Everything Android

5. rom x

Bronze

Jun 27, 2011
    battery last twice as long as my old GS3. which is to say it can go all day without seeing a charger. my GS3 would have to be either charged or dump the extra battery in it before my day was over.
    keep in mind i am a heavy phone user. a typical day for me goes like this.
    phone comes off the charger at 6:15am at which point i check approx 10-20 emails.
    then from 12:00 2:00pm i am using the phones 4glte hot spot.
    then from about 8pm-10pm more hot spot sometimes even watching a movie at the same time. phone calls,text and emails are pretty much non stop. which is to say not an hour goes by without one of thoes 3 things happening.
    by around 11pm my phone is pretty much on it's last leg. around 10-15% from 11pm is when everything seems to stop. no more emails,text no more phone calls. i get home at 12:45 and plug in the phone. the whole process starts again. that's my m-f usage. it's now 7pm im using my laptop with my phones hotspot my phone right now is showing 52%. my gs3 by this time would have already have had a fresh batt installed.

• Like Like x 3