1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy HTC EVO Day!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Jun 4, 2010.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

The day is finally here, how many of you picked up your EVO today?
    What other phone did you come from?

Lets here it!!

2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    My spidey sense says that a lot will be coming from the Palm Pre. Been noticing some discontent on everythingPre --- Sprint seems to be providing a soft landing to the EVO for those customers. I guess I see their point, they don't want people jumping to Verizon (Incredible) or AT&T (iPhone).

[​IMG]

#2 chris, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Played with one in store but didn't buy it. I didn't see enough in it to give up my Incredible for. Very nice device but one thing I didn't like is the resolution. Same resolution as the incredible on a 4.3" screen. Everything appeared kinda washed out and stretched. I didn't find that the added screen size helped much with typing. I do have a hard time typing on my Incredible in portrait. All of my tests in store were getting less than 1 mbit on 4g while my Incredible sitting right beside it was getting about 1.7 mbit on 3g. Don't get me wrong its an awesome phone. If I wasn't already on Verizon with the Incredible it would be my phone of choice but I consider them to be about equal. Each has its own advantage.

By the way it appears Sprint store has plenty of stock here in Dallas. I think if you want one you shouldn't have too hard a time getting one.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

5. billnye97

Bronze

May 24, 2010
    I'm still just waiting till I hear the WWDC announcement from Apple about the new iPhone. I've been an AT&T customer for about 6 years and I've had an various iPhones for 3 years. I'm really tempted by the Evo though. I'll wait and see which one I like more.

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    My suggestion Bill is to go for the android, trust me its a WHOLE new ball game and I'm enjoying every minute!

Beta

7. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    ^^what he said. I've been an iPhone user since the day the first iPhone launched. I really like it but bottom line is Apple has fallen behind Android and I think the gap is going to continue especially when froyo is widely available. I didn't see much in the 4.0 announcement that Apple presented as groundbreaking. Quasi multitasking? No thanks. Folders on home screen? Wow really? 4.0 is just Apple playing catch-up and getting where they should have been when webos and Android first started. Oh but the iAds look cool :p

8. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Just checked out the EVO at my local Sprint store. Agree with much of what Aggie said.

Sent from my Nexus One using Everything Android app

9. billnye97

Bronze

May 24, 2010
    I ended up going to Best Buy but they were sold out. I preordered one and headed home. About an hour after I got home the girl at Best Buy called and said someone cancelled their preorder and I could have it. I've been playing with it since about 3 today. The phone is radically different then what I've been used to the last three years. I really like it a lot. I kept my AT&T phone active just in case but I don't think I will be going back to it.

10. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Awesome! Glad to hear you are liking it.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Glad to hear and welcome to eA

12. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Welcome to the Droid Army !!! :028:commando

lol...

13. stormin07

stormin07 New Member

Feb 4, 2008
    I picked mine up saturday. The store sold 50 on friday, got 15 more in saturday and had already sold 10 of those. I am coming from a Moto Q9C so I was due. I love the speed, am trying to get used to the touchscreen keyboard. The size is not an issue. The display is great.

14. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I was impressed with the keyboard. I don't know if was the size of the keyboard or maybe it's HTC's voodoo. Either way, it was easier to type on then my Nexus One.

15. stormin07

stormin07 New Member

Feb 4, 2008
    I am used to the physical keyboard. It will take me a while to get used to the touchscreen. Overall, I like the phone.

16. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Has to be the size because my incredible is a pain in the rear to type on and has pretty much the same keyboard

17. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    in portrait its a PITA to type on but not so much in landscape

18. iloveandroid

iloveandroid New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    The word "Evo" is my favorite from the day the 1st Lancer Evo was released by Mitsubishi Motors, HTC has added another feather to that word. May be the word has the power of performance. I'm planning to pick one up in a year end sale.