1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Having Issues with the NexusOne, would appreciate help, Tnx

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jjvaldez, May 12, 2010.

1. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010

Sponsored Ad

**If these are issues that everyone is having then I wont complain (not that I think I am)**

The phone is reacting slow... I bought it "new" from craigslist... seems new everything was still in the package... when I am texting and close it the KB lags behind, with the processor I would have never imagined that happening... another thing is that my facebook app is not connecting at all...

I'm wondering if there is a way to tell if this dude tried to root it and messed up then try to sell it or something like that?

thanks,

included are videos of the issues that I am having, thanks in advance for the help...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    have you performed a reset of the phone? (Iknow you were asking how to do that earlier)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    no i haven't... did you see the KB lag video.. i just dont think it should do that... especially with the processor... you know if there is a way that i can tell if this dude tried to root it and failed? or if google/htc will replace if it is defective?

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Unfortunatly Im at a place that I cannot see/watch videos.
    Google MIGHT replace it but I would recommend calling them/emailing them first.
    Ill do some research and see what I can find out about what shows up with root.

In the meantime, go ahead and do a master reset on your phone and post back any improvements or lack thereof.

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
  7. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    On my Nexus I go to settings --> applications --> then it says unknown sources--> allow non market applications...

Does that mean its rooted?

Tnx

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    no that just means you can install APK files that you didnt download from the market

9. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    If you are rooted you will have a ninja icon in your app drawer ... if your not rooted ...
    go into ... menu > settings > privacy > wipe all data reset phone. please post back your findings

10. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    I'm assuming that the app drawer is the place that all the apps are sitting in... i have not seen a ninja.... is there another way to check like looking at the information on the about phone tab on the phone?

Thanks

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yes that's where the programs are.
    Did you follow the root instructions?

12. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    no I dont wanna root i bought my phone from craigslist from a dude that said it was new, it running kinda slow so i think its rooted and dont wanna root did you have a chance to see the videos that i posted?

13. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    whats a better way/ more efficient way to system restore (like plugging in iphone and and hitting restore to defaults) doing the wipe all from with in the phone?

thanks

this thing is just too dam slow ....

14. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    The only other way to master rest is by doing the following
    From the menu, go to Settings.
    Then go to Privacy.
    Select Factory data reset and read the warning carefully.
    When you’re ready, press the Reset phone button.

Why we are telling you this, is because it is running slowly is possible that there MAY be an issue with the processor (not saying there is...just MAYBE) and by master resetting it youll clear whatever the other guy did to the phone hopefully eliminating the issues you are having.

15. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    ok the reason y i ask is because this is different then what you told me last time, :

To wipe your device do the following:
    With the power turned OFF
    Hold VOLUME DOWN and POWER (this will take you to the bootloader screen)
    The screen will have little android skater dudes on it
    Use the volume buttons to scroll up and down and the power button to select option
    Choose CLEAR STORAGE
    Press the POWER BUTTON
    Confirm by pressing VOLUME UP
    keep in mind this will wipe EVERYTHING! So make sure to back up things that you want

just wanna make sure that i WIPE everything and start fresh

appreciate all the help!!!! thanks

16. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    You asked for a simpler way to reset your phone is why I posted the recent way to reset...either way works fine, but these are just two ways to complete the same task. :) I am just providing alternate ways to go about the same situation. :)

17. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    thanks for the quick reply and all the help

18. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    well it said that it is deleting data and personal information not the current system software, and it did it fast, too fast i think... other then that hope it works thanks for the help!

19. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    ahh your welcome...this gives me something to do on the overnight shift ;)

Post back to us any imporvements or any thing else you need. Ill be awake for a couple more hours.

20. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    hope it works its a PIA logging back into all apps :p

21. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    lol oh trust me, when I was flashing roms for my TP I had to backup first/master reset/restore/calibrate blah blah blah these devices are so much simplier nowadays.