1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Help me organize

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by GladeAirFresh, Sep 21, 2015.

1. GladeAirFresh

GladeAirFresh New Member

Sep 21, 2015

Sponsored Ad

Just joined here with my new SNote ...be nice.

Ive been racking my brains trying to think of the most efficient or best way to organize my apps and folders on the main & menu screen in the most ergonomic and smartest way... I currently have folders and pages for personal, books, blogs, classifieds, productivity, mail, media, browsers and Adobe to mention some.

I have a few queries..

+ I would appreciate if anyone can share if they came up with a good organized setup.

+ What launcher is best and most stable? Should I stick with touchwiz/knox?

+ Are there essential apps that I should get or pay for?

+ What is the rooting apps for?

+ SD card apps? Seem a good idea to fasten the system?

Send screenshots of your suggestions if you wish

Danke

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Everything Android mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    "Rooting" the phone is basically the same as getting "administrator" rights on a Windows PC. It as absolutely NOT needed if your phone does all that you want and need. Now, with the Xposed Framework and Xposed modules, it isn't even needed on most phones. I root because I wanted my led to light with the screen on. My phone is also older, and will not be updated to anything past Jellybean (4.0.4). I wanted Kitkat (4.4.4) so I needed to root an download a custom ROM.

As for organizing, I haven't found anything better than Nova Launcher. I like that I can make folders on my home screen and the "multi-select" apps to put in it. Lots of customization, icon packs, wallpapers, themes, etc... I don't use them (I like most stock icons and use a picture I took from a state Park waterfall as my wallpaper), but the options are available...

As for buying apps, if you do root, Titanium Backup is a must. The only apps I have bought since using Android (5+ years....) have been for rooted apps, such as Light Flow, Titanium, SD Maid,

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Super SU, etc... I have bought an MP3 Tag corrector app, and a video player app. The app I use my tablet almost exclusively for is DroidTV, which is pretty much like a DVR for Android. I have 2 lifetime subscriptions to it, and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

As for moving apps to the SD card, I move all I can, but my phone is older, and space is limited... I will attach a screen shot of my home screen in a bit...

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    [​IMG]

My current home screen (taken at Letchworth State Park by the waterfall...)

6. rosario1990

Bronze

Feb 1, 2015
    Welcome anyways enjoy the forum. LOL!

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
  8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    That's interesting, Steve... I had never heard of it before, but my youngest just started at Geneseo, I guess I will be back again! It really is gorgeous!

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I may be biased, but New York State has some of the best parkland in the USA. I tend to favor the Adirondack region up by Lake George and Lake Placid, but there are so many beautiful areas for camping, hiking, canoeing, boating, etc......

Good luck to your youngest...Hope they love snow! I went to Oswego, just up the road apiece......

10. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Oldest graduated SUNY Buffalo, so youngest is used to visiting in the snow!

11. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    That's a nice answer, there's also some apps that allows you to place some apps on the corner of your mobile.

12. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK New Member

Oct 1, 2015
    This is how I organize my apps and homescreen.

13. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK New Member

Oct 1, 2015
    What the heck did they change Tapatalk again? How do you edit your posts? I'm trying to add a screen shot. Grrrr

14. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    I think you should stick to the company's official launcher, it will give you the best results and also other launcher consumes lot of battery.