1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Help, my phone has been hacked

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Kat, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Kat

Kat New Member

Aug 28, 2013

Sponsored Ad

My phone has been hacked/hijacked repeatedly despite all my efforts to stop it. I believe its been done through my facebook app which i've closed, opened a new acct., chaged passwords, installed and uninstalled. All my accounts have been effected and a factory reset does nothing once i add my google accts. My browser refers to my device as a computer and even though i'm in AZ facebook shows my current device's location to bw Lexington, NJ. It wont let me activate my 3 step verification and im always excepting and sending friend requests i didnt authorize. Seems everything i do and receive on my phone goes through another device 1st. I believe its my exhusband who at one time had access to my phone

#1 Kat, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
  2. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I think, if this was my phone, my next step would to be to talk to your carrier. See if they can maybe change your number, or maybe see if they can find who and where your trouble is. This sounds like a tough one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Kat

Kat New Member

Aug 28, 2013

5. Kat

Kat New Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Thank you but i have spoken with my carrier and they say that its a problem related to google accounts etc and there's nothing they can do. i heard of a hacking through com.facebook.katana. i believe my router, server, ip adress something has been altered

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Have you reset your Google password?
    Once you do that, you can add the 2 step verification.

• Agree Agree x 1