1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Help on WiFi.

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dgray636, Nov 20, 2010.

1. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Ok, I was able to root my device this morning, but I can't figure out how to do the WiFi now. Downloaded WiFi tether app, and ROM manager. It is saying I need netfilter for the ROM, but I can't find it. Help please.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Never tried it from ROM Manager, but I was able to get it to work from the Google Code Site here.
    With that said, I was never able to get it to work right on my Dad's X, so I downloaded Barnacle from the app market and it works like a charm and its free.

Give that a shot.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Any special settings for Barnacle? Not having much luck with that. My device and computer recognize each other, but I can't get a page to load.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I dont recall doing anything special :/

6. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Well, it seems now to be working on my dad's laptop. Mine is dead right now, and I am unable to plug it in now. BTW, my dad has a windows 7 machine, and I have a Mac OSX. I will keep you informed of my progress.

7. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Ok, I am home now, and have the Mac plugged in. Everything seems to be fine with it now. Not sure what was going on earlier, but the issues seemed to have resolved on their own.

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Thats good to hear!!
    Enjoy!

9. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Thanks for the help. No button on here. Maybe next update?