1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

help please!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by zombie762, Sep 4, 2011.

1. zombie762

zombie762 New Member

Sep 4, 2011

Sponsored Ad

ok hi everyone new guy here. well a couple weeks ago i bought i vizio tablet and i had been using it for everything but last wednesday it started freezing up and deleting stuff so i decided to return it to get my money back and get something else. before i did that i did the factory restore setting were its supposed to delete everything. so yesterday i returned it but now im freaking myself out thinking someone could do a recovery on it and find all my personal info and pics on their.am i over reacting? im just scared to H*ll right now that some one could get into my personal stuff! any opinions would be great! thank you everyone

2. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Factory restore will wipe the device. Was there a uSD card as well? That would need a separate formatting. Last thing you can do is change your gmail password.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. zombie762

zombie762 New Member

Sep 4, 2011
    i dont think their was a uSD card, i never put one in. im just worried some guy at vizio or something will do a recovery and find my info and family videos on it. im sure im just being paranoid but i need some verification that everything is ok, thats why i asked you guys

5. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    The Vizio guys get tons of these units back. It's a needle in a haystack and since most our wiped properly no one is looking for the ones forgotten. Don't worry about it.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I wouldn't worry, a factory reset is exactly what it sounds like, once wiped, no going back.

You will be ok.

• Like Like x 1
  7. raycat89

raycat89 New Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I dont think you have anything to worry about, I am sure they have a lot of work to do and would careless about what you have on your tablet.

8. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Your completly good on this sir, a factory wipe does the trick.

9. afrost55

afrost55 Guest

agree with the others, factory wipe will do it.