1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP ROOTING METRO ASCEND M860

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by * Tha70749er *, Jul 13, 2012.

1. * Tha70749er *

* Tha70749er * New Member

Jul 12, 2012

Sponsored Ad

ive had my metropcs huawei ascend M860 for at least a couple years now.a couple months ago I upgraded my software to froyo 2.2 using the ascend software update from the metro app store. but now I decided I would like to root my phone so that I may increase its performance by deleting a few of the system apps that I don't use. so far I have tried the Z4root.apk and gingerbreakv1.2.apk. I havent been able to find gingerbreakv1.30. but anyway I have made sure that my usb debug mode is checked and that my SD card is mounted. I even transferred all the data from my sd card to my computer via wireless wifi tethering. so my sd card is formatted as well. but still nothing has worked. it will not root my phone. can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong or if I am leaving out a step? I have been trying all of these ways without my phone being plugged into the usb port into my computer. will the root only work if the phone is connected to the computer via usb port?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Gingerbreak wont work (I don't think because you are not on 2.3 which is Gingerbread) however some say it works with 2.2
    All sites I have checked said to use Z4Root

When you says it wont root, do you get an error message? Does it finish but there is no SuperUser app in your app drawer?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. * Tha70749er *

Jul 12, 2012
    Well, sometimes, yes it runs for eithwr a short time or sometimes ten or fifteen minutes, then just goes back to my homescreen with no superuser or anything. And a couple times , it just kept running .

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Everything Android

5. * Tha70749er *

Jul 12, 2012
    And if im not mistaken , I believe ive gotten an error message once or twice also. . So, all of the above

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    What does the error message say?

7. * Tha70749er *

Jul 12, 2012

8. * Tha70749er *

Jul 12, 2012
    sorry about that I hope you are still online I am trying now to see if I can flash my 2.2 back to stock 2.1.. or if there is an easy way I can just root my 2.2 that would be good but I have tried almost every way.. if you could help me I would very much appreciated I'm kinda stumped

9. Dolan

Dolan Guest

yes I am having trouble trying to root my Huawei M920 metro phone.

I have tried the z4root and it just stalls

D

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Dolan, stick with the thread Scott is helping you in for now please.......

11. Dolan

Dolan Guest

yes true
    just figured this was more my cell specific
    but I understand. You can delete this thread