1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Setting Up without 3G

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by thetitan72, Nov 13, 2008.

1. thetitan72

thetitan72 New Member

Nov 13, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Hi,

Here's my situation, hopefully someone can help me out:

I just got the G1 phone as a gift BUT where I live there's no 3G. I personally dont care for that since I just want to have it just working as a phone while I have the 3G available in my area (expected to be in january).

I have the regular internet data plan from T Mobile, but when I take the first step to start up the G1 (putting the google account info), it displays the "There is a problem communicating with the Google servers" message

Is there a way I can "communicate" with the google server to register or a way to skip that?

Thanks in advance!

2. LitoCg2Rider

LitoCg2Rider New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    i doubt u can skip that step...what you need to do is go outside your house or building and make sure u got a good connection going soo you can register...

if you still havin problem ..call tmobile from abother phone and make sure you have the g1 next to you soo they can help you out with registering it over the phone....call customer service then say REPERSENTIVE when they ask you what can they help you with today.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    I had the same problem. I don't think you'd have an issue connecting with EDGE, but it's probably a poor connection that's causing that message. When I first got my G1, I had the same issue. I drove about two blocks from my house and set up was completed in under a minute.

Good luck and thanks for joining!

5. my95z34

my95z34 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Another thing, you may have to call T-Mo and tell them that you have a G1 so they can put it on your account. I had to, coming from an iPhone.