1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Sammy Fascinate.

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Braden Boex, May 27, 2011.

1. Braden Boex

Braden Boex New Member

May 27, 2011

Sponsored Ad

I'm having some problems booting into Clockwork Recovery. From the Android System Recovery, I keep getting an error:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation Aborted.

Ideas?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I tried to help my friend get in to recovery for cm7 it was difficult to get it going... quite a few steps.. mobile right now but over at XDA there is a great thread on how to get the custom recovery on the fascinate.

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008
    Reinstall CW. Sounds like your file is not signed or 'corrupt' in some way.

sent from somewhere

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I'm presuming this question is about a rooted or custom mod on the Fascinate? I've never heard of this "app" on a standard implementation?

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Clockwork Recovery is for custom ROM's. Must be rooted, EQBob!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    You enjoy. <G> No interest in rooting. Can't keep up with the stuff I need to do much less add in something I know nothing about <G>

8. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    yes what happened is that you were rooted and had clockwork working fine at first......
    and then u flashed a new rom and it broke ur previous install. uninstall and reinstall ur bootstrap/ or clockwork recovery mod and then try to boot into it again. CUSTOM ROMS AND MOD .ZIPS CANNOT BE FLASHED FROM STOCK RECOVERY ONLY OFFICIAL ROMS CAN

9. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    ohh and if that info is wrong I am at least glad that you got out of the trunk/boot ok!