1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey I just signed in and I have a question reguarding android 4 operating on a Hip street aurora tab

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Rick Hatrick, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Rick Hatrick

Rick Hatrick New Member

Sep 27, 2012

Sponsored Ad

is it possible to hook up an external GPS reciever to the tablet

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    In order to do that the tablet would have to support a GPS dongle. I can't see a lot of information about that tablet. I would tend to doubt it, but I am not sure.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I suppose via BT...never tried to hook a BT GPS receive to an Android Tablet

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rick Hatrick

Rick Hatrick New Member

Sep 27, 2012
    I have hooked up the gps via the usb port .the reciever (microsoft usb reciever) and it lights up. I don't believe the android platform supports plug and play so I was looking for some sort of driver/ app to utilize it.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You would need to see if the kernels support USB Host Support, even for that you would need to root the device to really utilize it.

7. Rick Hatrick

Rick Hatrick New Member

Sep 27, 2012

8. Rick Hatrick

Rick Hatrick New Member

Sep 27, 2012
    I am too new to android os to be able to "root the device" not sure what that means

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007