1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi i have a question (HELP)

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Redbull, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Redbull

Redbull Guest

Sponsored Ad

Hello people my samsung is very strange i can not update on the phone and not samsung kies wat can i do please help

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Can you please take a breath and clearly and concisely explain what device you have, what you mean by cannot update on the phone and what not samsung kies means?

In order to help we have to have an understanding of what device you are using as well as what you were trying to do or get done. Use specifics such as model numbers, version numbers, software names, things you tried and any error messages you might have seen.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Redbull

Redbull Guest

Hello i have samsung s2 if i go to my mobile options by update hey says yopu have update when i try to update than i going off en than one he is updaithing but he stops thill hey is updaithing and again off / on otomatic and he says do it whit samsung kies in . and samsung kies says you can not updait.

i have SAMSUNG S2
    ANDROID VERSION: 2.3.3
    MODEL: GT- I9100
    BASEBAND: I9100XXKE7
    KERNELVERSION: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKF3-CL276555

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sorry, I cannot understand what you are trying to update and what the messages you are getting are. Do you know if the update is to your OS or is it updates from The Android Market for apps?

Maybe another member will be able to decipher better than I can.

6. Redbull

Redbull Guest

NOW UPDATE OF SAMSUNGS 2 HIM SELF NO MARKET APS

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Stevetaz ... You understood any of that? Impressive. There must be some sort of generational thing going on. I am used to punctuation. I understand language issues, but I really couldn't decipher this at all....

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sherri, that was far, far from a punctuation problem. I am going to guess that English is not the OP's native language, but I hope I am not going too far out on a limb.....

I can't imagine what OS update there is that can't complete, but I am just not sure that is what he/she is saying. I have pushed my former moderatorishness as far as it can go.........

9. sofaking

Bronze

Feb 27, 2012
    OP, what is your native language? I might be able to decipher this :)

What I understood from this:
    He is saying his Samsung phone is strange.
    When he goes to check if he has an update at: Applications>Settings>Phone Settings, it says that he has an update for his PHONES firmware.

He/She means update, but whatever.
    He/She says that on Kies, it doesn't even SHOW an update available.

He has the SAMSUNG Galaxy S II.
    It is running on Gingerbread (2.3.3).

I'm curious, what firmware are you (Redbull) trying to update to?
    On the PHONE, what version is it suggesting to update? 3.0 or what?

Hope I helped!

EDIT: I read on wikipedia that the highest/latest version for the Galaxy S II is 2.3.6. I think that's what he is trying to update to.

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    While that might be the most recent, it doesn't mean his carrier has updated and pushed out that update. There is almost no difference from 2.3.3 to 2.3.6

11. sofaking

Bronze

Feb 27, 2012
    Regardless, he SEEMS to have an update available.

So how was my translation :)

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Sounds like he should contact his carrier, because I have no idea what Samsung Kies is, and if the phone has an update why that would not let him.