1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Home app?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by bheidemann, Nov 9, 2009.

1. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007

Sponsored Ad

So when I read all the reviews for the Droid the one thing that kept popping up was the driving and home screens that come up when you put the Droid in the respective mount. I found how to open the driving mode without the mount but how do you start the home mode?

2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    when you say "home" mode, do you mean the screen when you slide it into the multimedia station?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Yes that's what I am talking about. Also, I can't find the media station on VZW's site, is it available yet?

5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    my closet verizon store got them in today. i just picked one up before i came to work. it comes with a charger and data cable just like the ones that came with the droid. i think it's well worth the price.

as far as i know it's activate by a magnet in the dock. so if you're brave enough, wave a magnet aroud the left side (charging port side) of the phone and see what happens? (j/k) other than that i'm pretty sure there is no way to activate the multimedia station screen.

6. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    this looks interesting.

7 more days !!!

#5 gnath9, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    thanks gnath. i wanted to post that in this thread but i couldn't find it.

#6 TheMadJester, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  8. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    your welcome !!!

only 7 more days until the stealth bombers fly over my house and blast down a Droid for me. :027:acknowledge

9. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    you know that's just a commercial right? i mean, they don't actually fire it at you from stealth bomber. that would just be ridiculous, not to mention crazy expensive.

it actually some via a magical android ferry named Zefram.<_<

10. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    ok ... so I am a little over excited what can I say. lol But, It will feel as tho I have been rescued from the island of mis-fits. :005:snicker

7 more days !!!

11. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    I know I'm a couple of days late with this, but the media dock was never available on the VZW site, but if you called telesales they had them. A website glitch.

good luck