1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Home screen after update

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by videocover, Dec 12, 2009.

1. videocover

videocover New Member

Dec 12, 2009

Sponsored Ad

After the 2.01 update my home screen will not change to horizontal mode unless I open the keyboard. Anyone else having this problem?

2. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    Just download a new homescreen app...they have many many more customizations and run as smooth if not smoother than the stock screen. GDE, Home++, pandahome, ahome are just a few. I personally use home++, but have tried them all and I think they all are a step up from what comes on the Droid.

5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    the stock os home screen never rotated. i thought i remembered the same thing, but it turned out i was also wrong. if you think about it. there's no real reason you would ever need to have the home screen rotate (unless you had the docks) and if it did it would drain your battery because it would be waking up, rotating, everytime you sat down and got up, or walked.

do you find there's any sort of lag with them at all? i tried dxtop, but i didn't really like it. have you tried that one? if so how does it compare to the others?

6. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    Dxtop was probably my least favorite. Try home++...most like stock, but ability to rotate, add screens, do away with notification bar to show off that bad ass screen. Let me know if u have questions.

7. cookiemomster

cookiemomster New Member

Dec 12, 2009
    I have also tried most of the home alternates including sweeter home. My two favorites are pandahome and home++. I finally decided on home++ as my favorite overall, which includes stability. Though rotation at home screen is not important to me, I believe it is an option.

8. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    yeah, i don't care about home screen rotation either. there isn't any need for it.

i did try home++ and i liked it, but it seems that with all of the home screen apps i try there is an increase in lag. sometimes only slightly, but it's enought to turn me off. plus, there's always something missing, like one little thing. with home++ i loved the launch bar thing at the bottom and how you could slide it over to get a compact version of the status bar, but it didn't have the wifi icon,a and it didn't have ongoing task icons like my weather bug temp. it's the little things. anyway, i uninstalled it. but it was the best one i've tried, thanks for the suggestions.

9. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Hey powerwagon is there a way to have the notification bar show all the time in the home++ program, i really liked the program just missed my bar.

10. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    long press on the notification icon in the bottom launcher thing. it will turn the top notification bar back on.

11. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Sweet thanks :)