1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Hot to the touch

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Hi friends,
    My phone becomes etremely hot to the touch when using 3g for some time, any solution?

Sent from my HTC One using Everything Android

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Something is stuck running in the background, or you keep going in and out of signal and it can't complete whatever task is in the background.

Check out the battery settings and see what is running more than it should, or just reboot and it usually cools back down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    I did n99hockey, but i noticed that once i uncheck the 3g things become normal and even force stopping the apps that chew the battery does not help. I tried rebooting but after a while it becomes very hot again.
    For trying sake i put in the sim in my son's iphone 54 but it becomes very hot also. Thanks very much.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    So as Scott touched on it sounds like maybe you are on the fringe of a 3G signal. It keeps searching and trying to connect, disconnect, connect, etc. When you stop the 3G the signal is stronger and the phone doesn't have to constantly look for a signal.

Not sure what an iphone 54 is, but if that heats up with your SIM it sounds like it is your service. Does your son use a different carrier/provider? If you put his SIM in your phone does it work and does it heat up?

If you both use the same provider I would request a new SIM for your phone to see if maybe something was wrong with the old one.

6. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    I believe it is the above because 3G has just been brought to our area and may be it is not yet fully configured!

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Yup...That could do it....

8. Shelly Knight

Shelly Knight New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    this sounds like something you may be able to get out of a contract with. If you cant get service, or your service is killing the device youre gettting service with...you might be able to get out and switch. usually if one carrier has a weak signal in the area, another of a different type (CDMA vs GSM) might help