1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I transfer apps from my broke phone to my new phone?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by smf98aggie, Mar 18, 2011.

1. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011

Sponsored Ad

In another thread, I explained how I broke the screen on my 3 day old Atrix. Well, my new one came in today, and I switched over my SIM and re-synced my Gmail contacts, calendar, and email, but how do I get all my apps back? They didn't show up on my new phone after I logged into my Motoblur account. Isn't it supposed to make your new phone look just like the old one (just like the iPhone does when you restore from the backup of another)? I'm confused by this. I've downloaded around 50 apps and I don't want to re-download them.
    When I look in my Market account, it shows that they are already downloaded, but I don't see a way to transfer them. Any ideas?

2. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Haven't got this unit in particular but recently migrated from a N1 to the DesireHD. When I first setup the requisite gmail account it asked something about syncing apps, said yes to that and most of my apps auto installed.

If you're phone is still fairly vanilla, try MENU | SETTINGS | PRIVACY | FACTORY DATA RESET

Look for the app sync dialog and enable it. It is dependent though on what you selected on your first Atrix.

That said, at least the Market does flag all the apps you've purchased.

Also in future, TitaniumBackup on a rooted unit will allow you to sync apps wirelessly to Dropbox, make recovery very simple.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    This may be a pain but you can try manually refund them in the market, and then reinstall them.

5. APPricot

APPricot New Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Back up is a sore point when it is too late. Just a piece of advice - backup sms online and you always can access them. Use SMS Backup Android Free for this.