1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

How much do the S4 and HTC One cost in the USA?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by TarekElsakka, Jun 5, 2013.

1. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Hello there

My sisters are going on a trip to the US with their school, specifically to Florida, New York and I believe California. I checked BestBuy and the prices are extremely high for the unlocked versions (750 USD+) whereas on Amazon and such they're much cheaper AND new with warranty from Samsung.

The reason I am asking is that the unlocked version of the S4 with a 1 year warranty goes for 800 USD where I live and the HTC One 32GB goes for 860 USD. I have been to New York a couple of times before and I found that the local stores are much cheaper than the ones over in Egypt, but then again if the difference is only like 50 USD or something I'd rather buy it from here with warranty.

Thanks guys!

2. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    Oh that's awesome, that's a very good price. The 32GB is about 800 USD over here. However, is it possible to install a Sense-based 4.2.2 for the dev version? I do like Sense UI.

5. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    It's meant to be unlocked/rooted so the full gamut of ROMs is there including Sense.

The challenge for you is likely receiving it during your trip as it's from their online store online.

Sent from my Nexus 4

6. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    I got a 32GB silver HTC One today, not a Developer Edition one, though, but I suppose that's okay because I unlocked the bootloader and everything myself once I received it. I immediately flashed a custom recovery and installed Android Revolution HD 10.1 which is a great ROM and because from my experience with JellyBean on the Galaxy and my old HTC One X, 4.2 is a lot better than 4.1. I am so happy with the device right now, it's definitely a huge improvement over the Galaxy S3, and specifically the laggy Touchwiz, and not to mention the build quality of the HTC One which is miles better.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Congrats on the new phone Tarek. I guess you found one at a price you liked.....

Enjoy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    Yeah thanks man. I got it used for five days only with local warranty. I wanted to buy it brand new at retail price but I couldnt find it. It came in small stocks and they were finished quickly

9. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Nice.

Sent from my Nexus 4