1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

How to (can you?) create folders on the APPLICATION pages

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Jan 2, 2011.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I know you can create folders on the "pages" that are home screens. Don't know what Android really calls them, but the pages you can places widgets on, application shortcuts, etc.

Have not found a way to create folders on the pages that are the APPLICATION pages, aka the iphone style pages where all the icons for all your installed apps are.

Can you create folders on those pages?
    If so, how?

thanks!

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    ok. Thanks. I'll look at it. So far, I see very few limitations, for my use, with the default implementation. Doubt I'll be running to change it out. In ther old days of Windows Mobile, in a heartbeat.... <G>... but I like this implementation.

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I just installed and tried out the Go Launcher. Very nice indeed! It does allow folders in the app drawer, and these folders look like the iPhone icons (app within app....) Just like Folder Organizer, but within app drawer.

Launcher is fast & smooth. Easy to replace/rename icons. Scrolling dock bar like Launcher Pro! Can use Launcher Pro's custom docks and icons as well. Really quite nice.

I am currently using ADW EX, but this is a definite "contender"!

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

6. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    ! I just figured out Launcher Pro!

Direct Market link for Go Launcher:
    market://details?id=com.gau.go.launcher

* Painfully slow for adding icons to homescreens. I rarely use the app drawer so those features don't help me.

Swyped from my xtrROM 4.6.5 Eris