1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

How to edit apps on Note 3 sidebar??

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Nov 11, 2013.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I've searched on this and all I can find is video tutorials of how to enable or disable the sidebar. I've got that down. But my gmail and chrome icons were put there for some reason (I didn't do it) and they do NOT appear in the app drawer. I don't want them on the sidebar, want them on my home screen. Can't figure out how to get the icons to move off of there or on there.

Anyone?

2. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    ok...so the answer is ....
    in the app drawer, Samsung makes folders available (stock don't). So there's a folder called Google...that looks exactly like an app icon. Open, voila...all the google apps are in there. Long press as normal and icons are now on my homescreen where they've been for years (yes, I don't like change <G>)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Glad we could help ;)

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Have to say the battery life is astounding. Took it off hook this morning, used it moderately all day email and text and just plugged it in. Oh...Did a few calls with it today maybe 30 min worth. Battery life was still at 87%!!

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Very impressive, but how could you possibly only use it moderately? You should be doing nothing else but playing with the new toy! :p

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Ha! I finished all my meetings and phone calls at 3:45 and that included lunchtime. Got to actually start doing work then...