1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get different Text / vs. Email Alerts

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Jan 5, 2011.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I can't find anywhere to change the notification of a txt msg vs. email to be different. As in txt msgs get sound A and emails get sound B.

Anyone know how to do this? It's probably obvious and I'm simply missing it.

2. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I think it's in text settings.

Swyped from my FroShedYo-V10 Eris

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Yeah it is. Go into text messages, then pull up the menu, and then settings. You can set it there. Same for email.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks folks. Found the problem. For some reason, on the fascinate, sounds "Haze" is the exact same as the sound "Pizzicato". No wonder I couldn't get a difference <G>. Have now set to different based on your instructions. Appreciate it.

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Anybody have any luck setting a custom ringtone? I've done the /sdcard/ringtones thing, save some files in there and while I can et to them via MyFile or a a File Explorer, they play on the phone in Media Player, etc... the ringtone selection screens for either the phone or SMS will not show anything other than what is in /system/media/audio/ringtones and VZW has it locked down from being able to copy anything into that directory.

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    So apparently the correct directory is /sdcard/media/audio/notifications or ringtones
    then they show up....
    Yea! I finally have algels.mp3 back as my ringtone! <G>