1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

How to save Battery

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Bloggerfinds, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Bloggerfinds

Bloggerfinds Guest

Sponsored Ad

I am big fan of android addictive games like crime city and vegas city and i play them all the time. My problem is that battery goes down within couple of hours because these games need internet to run.

Is there any way to save battery using Wifi ?

2. chakdev

chakdev New Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Did you check out the actual battery usage? I'm quite sure it's the display that consumes the most power.
    At least that's the case for my S III. Same goes for my girlfriend's Xperia S.. I guess today's smartphones all have short battery life?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    That is a common problem. We all want big, high resolution screens and that is the biggest battery drain. You can try turning down the brightness because often you don't need it set as bright as you might believe. This can help, but it can also make viewing in bright light.

You can try WiFi to see if it helps, but that is also a drain. 4G absolutely kills batteries as does being in fringe areas as the device keeps searching over and over.

An extended battery may be the solution, but it does add a little bulk to the phone. I just started trying out one to see if it helps as I can't go 6-7 hours without charging. So far I am making it through the day and up to almost bedtime with still a bit to spare. I do not have 4G in my area so that is not drawing from the battery.

5. mikearnill

mikearnill New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    I guess this is the problem which every one face, I will recommend you to go for some battery saving techniques like configuring display setting, killing unnecessary applications, used social networking applications in thrifty way. This techniques will help you out to save 15% of battery.

6. Titanex

Titanex Guest

Download Easy Battery Saver and select advance mood while playing games.

7. Spyro23

Spyro23 New Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Try to turn Wi-Fi off when there is no need in it.

8. Maja D

Maja D Guest

I have a question about prolonging the battery life, does the battery need to be drained first before charging it? or is it ok to charge it even if there's a minimum charge left? Because I was told that the battery must be emptied before recharging it. Thanks.

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    The newer LiIon batteries don't require a full drain. They like to be kept topped off. In case you haven't seen our sticky about Battery Saving Tips, take a look here.

#8 stevetaz, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014