1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Sync Atrix with Computer???? NO USERGUIDE

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by smf98aggie, Mar 12, 2011.

1. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Finally dropped my iphone for the Atrix, and I"m still not completely sure I did the right thing, but I'm gonna give it a few weeks before I run back and go for an iphone 4. My question is; What program do I sync the phone with on my PC? There was no userguide with the phone.

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I think the Atrix is HTC. If this is the case you would use HTC Sync :) it should automatically install when plugged in

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    No, it is a Motorola

Sent from my M.Atrix using Everything Android App

5. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    I'm also trying to figure out if there's a way to turn off notifications for email but not texts. I don't want it chiming EVERY time I get an email :dft006:unhappy

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Open the email app and go to settings, there you can turn off email sounds.
    What do you want to syncc with the pc?

7. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks hockey, that was bugging me. I was just wondering if this phone syncs like my iphone did.

Sent from my MB860 using Everything Android App

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It can hook up to move files back and forth, but there is really no need to sync since it does everytnong via the cloud. You can even transger files via the cloud, I almost never need to hok up to a PC.

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android App

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cooley

Cooley New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    What is the cloud? How do I save photos and videos to the cloud or my PC?

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Look in to Dropbox or the brand new Amazon.com Cloud Drive

11. Cooley

Cooley New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Thank you n99hockey for the reply. I have one more for anyone. How do I take photos and videos that are on my internal storage device of the phone and transfer everything to my SD card. Is there someone thing that I would enable to ensure everything is stored on the SD card instead of the internal.

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Use a file manager, like Astro File Manager, and locate the files and move them to the SD Card.

Open the camera or video and go in to settings, and there you can change where it is saved to.

13. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Hockey--is that a standard android capability or peculiar to the phone? I have yet to figure out how to even access settings to change things on my camera. Can't find a stinking manual for the camera piece anywhere. (Samsung Fascinate). Supposed to have al kinds of features but little shows up when you hit the standard menu button while in camera.

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I thought it is standard, had that option when stock on my Inredible and when on CM7.

On the Fascinate I opened the camera nd I dont see an option for that. Odd.

15. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Do you know how to access the settings that are supposedly there? Different resolutions and such...different scenes?

16. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Hit the arrow on the left of the camera screen and the sprocket looking thing and you can change everything in there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Well looky there! Thanks hockey! Never even thought to hit that arrow. Thought it was part of the frame of the camera. Not very intuitive, but sure do appreciate the information. Might be able to use the damn thing now. (insert Smiley here)

18. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    So um where is this thank you button? In safari on iPad I can't find it at all??

19. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    There are no thank yous, we now have 'likes'

20. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Ok. I was going off of your signature which says to hit thank you (g)

21. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Figured as much, just changed that. :)