1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

How to WiFi Tether on the Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Jul 18, 2010.

1. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Putting a custom ROM on my (obsolete when it was bought a year ago) Eris made it useable.

* Must have QuickBoot.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

#21 bberryhill0, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Quickboot is a nice app to have too, I forgot about that one.

#22 n99hockey, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. RonReves

RonReves New Member

Feb 27, 2011
    BTW the link that led me here was the "How to WiFi Tether on the Incredible"
    reads like a good step by step, with links to the referred files.
    However the link to the .bin took me to a site that displayed the file across the center of the page, but had two download ads nearby. Both led me to other software downloads, one reconfigured my home page and default search engine. I can fix that, but just a SMALL gripe, and I still have not found a download for the .bin:dft010:big_smile

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    The BIN file like works just fine for me. On the right hand side it says 'Download File' click it and it will start to download.

6. RonReves

RonReves New Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Thanks, I just did not let the Free Download Manager download itself. I tried again and it worked fine.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    No worries!

8. JennyM

JennyM New Member

May 27, 2011
    I like your wireless tether instructions. they look great if you're trying to connect to a PC. Is there a way to wirelessly connect an Incredible to an Android tablet?

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It works for the tablet too. But you have to be rooted on the incredible.

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

10. JennyM

JennyM New Member

May 27, 2011
    I did the install of the wi fi tether app as explained above, rebooted..opened the app. and got a message "you must be rooted to use this app" Do I need to do that for this app, or am I doing something wrong. If I need to root, how do I do that on teh Incredible. Also, you stated "enable Super user access' how do you do that?

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yea like I said you need to root, go to www.unrevoked.com for the tools to root your incredible.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android

12. Dana

Dana New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    I am not very computer savvy..and have looked all over and afraid to download the wrong app. I have a droid incredible 2. Would it be possible for you to post a hyper link to the correct Wifi app you indicate above so I can download it to my computer? I am stuck at step 1 and can't figure out what app is the correct one. Would be much appreciated!! Thanks!

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I would just try the most recent file, it won't harm the phone. If it's not the right one it just won't work, no harm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android

14. Dana

Dana New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    ok thanks..did that..now where do I find/get this .bin file?

15. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Did you click the link?

16. Dana

Dana New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    I did what you said and searched for the app thru google..downloaded it. Do not see another link here about the .bin that I need. I don't have a clue what that even is. The only file I down loaded reads:

wifi_tether_v3_1-beta9.apk

17. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Just try to install that apk and see what happens.

If you click on .bin in the first post, is a link to the file...but you may not need that anymore.

18. UWTELECOM

UWTELECOM New Member

Jan 26, 2012