1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC Desire S upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich?!!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by sMhsn, Jul 31, 2012.

1. sMhsn

Bronze

Jul 29, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Im new to android can anyone temme in easy language that how I can simply upgrade my HTC Desire S 2.3.5 to android 4.0 or android 4.0.3 whatever it is now a days, I've tried everything but can't find a
    solution, thanks!

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    If the upgrade isn't available through carrier, only way is by rooting phone & installing a custom ROM.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sMhsn

Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    Okay by rooting you mean jailbreaking kinda stuff, is it safe will it affect the performance of my phone or it will be fine and from where I can root my phone?!

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    As rooting voids all warranties, and has possibilities to completely ruin your phone, I would suggest searching all root information available for your specific model. I have 3 rooted androids, and each had a different root method.

Search! Familiarize yourself with what you are doing. Also note, that on many phones, ICS has more problems than gingerbread.

6. sMhsn

Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    can any suggest any link or forum from where i can download and read rooting stuff!

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    RootzWiki, XDA Developer, and Droid Hacks are good starting points.

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    There are many to choose from. I suggest you start here at eA. You will find some good explanations and overviews.

The hard-core information I would recommend will be over at xdadevelopers. The thread I linked to is about ICS for the HTC Desire, but troll around the site for a great deal of technical assistance and information.

9. sMhsn

Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    Okay ill check thanks mate!

10. sMhsn

Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    Really apprecaite that :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Everything Android

11. mikearnill

mikearnill New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    There are generally two ways either you have to root your phone or you have to fix custom rom in your phone. Let me know if you know more help about android tablets or about other stuffs.

12. sMhsn

Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    finally htc released the RUU i have upgraded to 4.0.4, so no custom roms now :)

13. pinappu

pinappu Guest