1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC Desire - SD Card Apps

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Suttonwolf, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Suttonwolf

Suttonwolf New Member

Mar 25, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this - excuse me if not, but I am new. Just got an HTC Desire, first smartphone running 2.2.2 and would like to move some of the apps to the SD Card as internal memory is small. In particular music. Any where you guy scan point me?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    --Moved to New Thread--

There are a few apps in the Play Store that will allow you to move to the SD Card.
    I think one of them might even be called 'Move 2 SD'

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Suttonwolf

Suttonwolf New Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Thanks for that. There seem to be quite a few apps that will do it, so that should sort me out.

5. Suttonwolf

Suttonwolf New Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Hi again - I installed a number of the apps, but they all said 0 apps are available to transfer. In fact the only apps I could move to SD were the "move to SD card" apps themselves! Am I stuffed?

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Apps with widgets can't get moved, nor can system apps. Could that be it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Everything Android mobile app

7. Suttonwolf

Suttonwolf New Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Does music fall into those categories?

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Music files? Those wouldn't show up, you would need a file manager to move music files.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Everything Android mobile app