1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC Desire - Upgraded to 2.3 - MobileNetwork is often not working

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Shanmugavel, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Shanmugavel

Shanmugavel New Member

Feb 10, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Hi all,
    I am facing problems in switching ON mobile network. Recently I upgraded my HTC Desire to 2.3. And When I restart the mobile, immediately MobileNetwork is connecting and working fine. After some time, say 10 mins or If I used to get any calls then Mobile Network status is Checked only i.e. Mobile Network option is enabled, but it shows below Use Phone for data connection when Wi-Fi is unavailable.
    If I re-start the mobile now, its working for some time. I don't know whats the problem.
    From these things, I am sure no problems in my Service Provider AIRTEL INDIA. Whats the problem with mobile?

Anyone please help me...

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I am sorry, but I just can't figure out exactly what problem you are trying to describe is.

Is it that the mobile network disconnects after 10 minutes? Are you showing a strong signal meter or is that fading in and out?

Why are you sure AirTel is not experiencing problems?

You said you recently upgraded to 2.3. Did the problem start right after the upgrade or did it take a couple of weeks before the problems started?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Shanmugavel

Shanmugavel New Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Thanks...
    Actually Signal showing full. if i restart the mobile, its working until any call come. After call finished, its not trying to reconnect. Thats my prob.
    Also option always shows with Checked and under that Use Phone for data connection when Wi-Fi is unavailable.
    But everything is unchecked only like Airplane, Wifi.
    If I uncheck and recheck the Mobile Networks, its showing like option disabled with "Connecting..." But long time its showing like this only. If I go to other page and coming means, its showing again enabled and Checked. but no connection.
    this is actually happens. before upgrade also it happens sometimes. So i did upgrade. but after this also its happens...

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    If you had the problem before upgrading as well as after upgrading it would indicate that you are either in a bad/fringe reception area or you have a defective or broken handset.

Did you buy the phone new or used? How long have you had it?

6. Shanmugavel

Shanmugavel New Member

Feb 10, 2012
    I bought new phone only and using around 8 months. also My mobile shows full signal strength.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    So you have had the problem for 8 months?

Can you ask the seller to replace it? If only 8 months old perhaps there is a warranty.

8. Shanmugavel

Shanmugavel New Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Thanks stevetaz.
    Actually its working properly from morning onwards. I followed the instructions given by HTC support guy. I reset the APN settings and re-started mobile. Its woking now.

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Glad you got it sorted out....

10. fskldgnvc

fskldgnvc Member

Jul 24, 2012
    i do not know how to describe htc, the power can not last for even a half day..