1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC Evo -- Should I get it?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by AndroidN3rd, Oct 25, 2010.

1. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I have the opportunity to go on contract with a friend on sprint. I was looking at the Evo today, and it's a really nice phone. But compared to the Incredible it's friggin HUGE! I don't know if I'd like a phone that big. The widgets and icons and everything just seemed too big. Have you guys adjusted to the size? Or should I settle for something else.

2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I checked it out at the store. Typing was super easy on that big display. I haven't used any of these big phones, so not sure how it would be to go from the Incredible to the EVO.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. mike250rs

Bronze

Nov 24, 2007
    It is a nice device. The Epic has similar hardware but smaller form factor/screen, but its a slider.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    An Evo too? Geez your nuts.
    How about hooking me up with one of those 'special' Incredibles you have :)

6. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    I decided not to get it.. The screen is wayyy to big for my taste and the resolution isn't the greatest for a screen that size either. Not to mention the LCD on the EVO looks NOTHING like the brilliance of the OLED on the incredible. I'm thinking of getting a Droid 2 since the only real problem I had with the original droids physical keyboard was that it isn't centered.. plus, overclocking to 2GHz. :D

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Love it, why not save for the Incredible HD!? (and then buy me one) :)

8. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Oh I'll have my hands on it within the week it comes out :D Dang, I've already dropped over a grand on phones/accessories =O Plus the iPad is coming to Verizon which means the iPhone will probably be there this spring.. I'll be all over that! :dft003:cool

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Your nuts!!

10. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    I'll take that as a compliment.. I also bought a lot of 4 HTC Touch Pro 2 (Verizon) So I could mess around with windows mobile. Anyone wanna buy a TP2? :p

11. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Install andrizoid!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

12. m.extra

m.extra New Member

Nov 30, 2010
    +1 yours nuts

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Everthing Android.

13. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Lol you have no idea

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App