1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC EVO -vs- HTC EVO Shift

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by wingnut144, Jan 11, 2011.

1. wingnut144

Bronze

Jan 3, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I wonder how long it will take for the price of the Evo to come down now that Sprint has announced that the Evo Shift is available......

Any ideas??? :dft012:wink

2. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007
    Shift has 3.6 inch screen, only a 5MP camera, no front camera, only an 800Hz processor. I could go on . the phones are nothing alike. I am surprised the shift carries is the EVO name. the shift is far inferior it's only thing is to have a slide out keyboard.

~Softspirits~ Sent from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android app

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. wingnut144

Bronze

Jan 3, 2008
    I'm not saying I want a Shift, I'd like new products to be released on Sprint so the price will come down on the Evo......then I can get one since I'm not up for a upgrade for 6 months....... :dft012:wink

5. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007
    My point is that shift is starting at $50 less than Evo . It won't drive the price of the Evo down.

~Softspirits~ Sent from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android app

6. iptvguy74

iptvguy74 New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Yeah HTC wasn't thinking much when they priced the shift, in my opinion. For $50, I think the Evo would be an easy decicion. As for the price being driven down? the only way that will happen is if HTC outdoes the Evo, with a better phone making the Evo less desirable for the ppl that need the latest tech.

7. Finleyville

Finleyville New Member

Jan 28, 2011
    All true. But the Shift has the next gen processor which has been clocked faster than the EVO. Just don't look at the processor speed to compare... Plus Shift has Froyo.