1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC Incredible shipped Roms

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Weapondrift, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
  2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    and now what exactly do i do with this....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    the RUU that is ncluded in this post is very similar to the RUU (rom update utility) that was used for compiling kitchens/roms for the WM devices. Its basically the hardware that is included with the Incredible.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    so if i can install those exe files and essentially create a custom rom?

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    exactly, just remember if you decide to port these files over to the Moto Droid there are some components that wont work with the MotoDroid. Also, this package more then likely includes the Radio for the Incredible.

The Radio is basically the reception you get on your phone. Some people have been able to port different radios over to comparable phones. For example, I had a Sprint radio on my Verizon phone. So I was able to get somewhat of a better reception. Just remember that by flashing the radio, the phones MUST must be equal compatable services: CDMA to CDMA in this example. If you try to flash a CDMA anything on a GSM phone you risk bricking your device.

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I havent been able to play with the good parts yet but so far its got all the stock pictures available and the basic music package (which they really need to start including better music :dft011:tounge_out)

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i think we/i are going to have to sit down and figure this thing out sometime

9. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    lol you can do it while waiting for me to get online :dft010:big_smile

10. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    something that I did forget to meantion is that in the rare case that you would ever have to go back to the stock ROM youll have it readily available here.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    ha
    you can do it while you work and everyone is asleep

thats a nice option

12. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    I'm telling you! You've gotta learn to write apps! :027:acknowledge

13. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    If you guys write any good ROM's, I'll set up a Downloads section here at eA.

14. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    That'd be great! It'd be nice to have some developers here. Or even a forum to post links to/review ROM's.

15. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i know i know!!
    let me get the phone first :p

16. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Have I sent you the link to the tutorial?

17. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i dont rememeber
    i did see something regarding Eclipse or something

is it all code that written out or a WYSYWIG?

18. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
  19. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  20. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    That's what I do.. Everything I've learned is from either reading guides or just reverse compiling stuff and reading the code.. I'm going to start a two year computer security degree at Iowa Western this summer too. Not bad for 16 I'd say ;)

21. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    geez...when do you sleep/breath?