1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Feb 25, 2010.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

...is now in the Verizon Inventory List. Doesn't quite have the specs of the Nexus One rumored to be coming to Big Red in the Spring, and it has a odd back to the device, but it's sure nice to see Verizon getting a new Android device.
    via Phandroid

Lets hope this mean the Nexus One is coming up right behind it (I am doing my best to hold out for it)

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Heres somewhat of an update on the specs. Ill try to get some more specific specs a little later.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/03/25/htc-incredible-is-better-than-verizon-nexus-one/

heres a list of confirmed specs
    1 GHz Snapdragon processor QSD8650
    • 3.7 inch AMOLED screen WVGA resolution
    Memory: 512 MB ROM, 512 MB RAM (320 free to the user)
    * Android 2.1 with HTC’s Sense UI
    • 8 MP camera with dual LED flash and AF
    • Android 2.1 with Sense UI
    • Optical track pad
    • 1300 mAh battery
    • Shipping with 8GB MicroSDHC card
    • FM Tuner
    • Dimensions: 117.5 mm (L) x 58.5 mm (w) x 11.9 mm (T)
    * 802.11b/g WiFi
    * 1Ghz Snapdragon processor, underclocked to 768Mhz

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    I've seen several articles on the web all saying that Verizon had set the release date to two weeks time. (on March 18th) Click here for the article. But I talked to three local Verizon store managers and they all said the same thing, they don't know anything about the release date and Verizon hasn't announced squat about it. One said he could guarantee that it wasn't coming out on the first or anytime before that because he didn't have a truck coming in. I'm praying it comes out within 30 days so I can take my Eris back and get it! :dft008:whoa

#3 AndroidN3rd, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    hahaha buyers remorse already!?

#4 n99hockey, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  6. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Well I have 30 days to get a different phone at 2 year contract price-- So if a phone comes out with almost triple the available ram and double the processor speed.. and an 8 MP camera! I'd be crazy not to get it. Besides, my keyboard lags horribly. I tried a soft reset, swype, un-installing the custom keyboard.. nothing worked. So if this keeps up I'll be taking it in and getting a Droid if the Incredible doesn't come out. I'm not gonna lie so far my Android experience hasn't been the greatest. I don't know what Apple is doing with the iPhone, but whatever it is they're doing it right! I've NEVER lagged with my 3GS :dft009:smile I thought the Eris had 256mb of RAM? It has 160 something. So compared the the Droid's 288 it's pretty slow.

7. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I upgraded to 2.1 on my Eris because the lag was driving me nuts. It's better now but still not quite fast enough. The price is right but this phone is EOL.

8. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Which is why I'm going in tomorrow to exchange my Eris for a Droid. Back to the world of Motorola =S
    I really have no use for the keyboard but this ram issue is driving me insane. If the incredible comes out before the end of april I'll still be able to get it at contract price :) Only downside is the people at my Verizon store will probably get sick of me :dft011:tounge_out

9. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Or you could get the Devour! Half the phone for the same price! What a deal!

10. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Haha I'm good. The thing is bulky as heck. I don't even plan to use the keyboard.

11. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    The Supersonic should be out Any Day Now.

12. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Maybe I'll just hold on to this until day 29 of my contract and then go in and see what my options are. Haha

13. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Im telling you man go ahead and upgrade...Ive already posted on how to compile the kernal so use your computing skills (as little as you have :dft011:tounge_out) and start ROMing the droid

14. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    I wouldn't criticize my computer skillz boy =P

15. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    ok fine...but I will criticize your spelling ;)

16. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    That's against the rules! You know we're both naturally bad at spelling.. :016:upset

17. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I make my own rules! (see avatar)

18. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    .... Rule Numb3r One: Thou shalt not make thy own rules!

19. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Ahh I can't wait!! this phone is going to be SO awesome!

20. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    You make the rules but, I has the cheese !!! (see avatar)

21. rkcoll1

Bronze

Sep 23, 2008
    Wrong thread. Quit overloading the forum with this crazy cheese talk! LOL