1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC One Developer Edition, here I come

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Apr 22, 2013.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I think I'm making the leap to the developer edition. I ended up leaving a SIM adapter in my Nexus 4, without the SIM card. When I tried to remove it, it was stuck. I called Google and they offered to replace it free of charge. They ended up sending me a new in box Nexus 4 in exchange for the one I ended up borking. I figured that would be a good opportunity to hit eBay. It sold last night, but to a zero feedback buyer. He hasn't paid yet, which is a bit disconcerting. When he does, that's $326 towards the price of the HTC One. I also signed up for the $100 off deal, which means I have to buy the One before the end of April to be eligible.

Will put Jelly Bean 4.2 on that sucker as soon as I can...

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    You will do anything to get a new toy, won't you? What happens when they look closely at the SIM adapter and realize there is a small dab of super glue holding it in? LOL J/K......

Good luck with the sale to that zero feedback buyer. Hope it works out for you. Everyone was at zero feedback at some time......

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    If I were a new eBayer, I'd pay right away and start off on the right foot. Still no payment yet. If this wasn't a zero feedback guy, I would not have sent a second invoice. I'm also a bit antsy to order the One. Can't justify the purchase until I clear out the Nexus 4.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Hmmmm...How long do you wait?

6. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Not sure what eBay rules state. I hope it's 3 days. I did a one day auction, so I wouldn't have to wait.

7. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    If he doesn't go thru with payment I'd give Craigslist a shot. I don't think getting 350 for is out of question. Not sure what the market is for them in your area but the N4 has still been selling well here. The One is a great phone. Kinda wishing I'd have gone with the dev edition but I just couldn't wait :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

8. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Gave up waiting and ordered. Now it's backordered for 2-4 weeks, so I have plenty of time to sell of the Nexus 4 if this guy doesn't pay. I'll have a case before the One.

I'm going to check Craigslist as an option. Tired of eBay fees and flaky buyers.

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Still didn't pay?

Bummer....

10. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    No, sent a message via eBay last night. Going to send an invoice this morning. If nothing happens by tonight, I can file a non-pay inquiry to eBay to refund my fees.

11. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    No, sent a message via eBay last night. Going to send an invoice this morning. If nothing happens by tonight, I can file a non-pay inquiry to eBay to refund my fees.

12. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    And what is the fee to file a non-pay inquiry?

<hee hee>

13. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Hate that the HTC Dev One is US only and worse requires a US credit card. The minimum should be international billing card address and US shipping address.

Sent for my Nexus 4

14. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Yes, but you did get the BB Z10 first up there......:D

15. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    I love the One but if the BB10 app ecosystem were better I'd have never bought a One. The z10 might be my favorite device right now just hate that I have to sacrifice so much to use it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

16. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sacrifice what Aggie? Applications you want or something else? What apps?

17. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
  18. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Interesting iP5....

19. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Finally got my final fees credited back. I guess you can lock out international buyers by setting a preference in your account. That wouldn't have helped the non-payer, but all the other bidders were outside of the US. In any event, the Nexus 4 is back up for sale and the developer One shipped on Saturday. For now, all I have is this..
    IMG_0265.jpg

20. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Oh boy Chris....The excitement is building.......

21. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    That's what she said *runs*

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2